2008/03/20

Sea View: Best seen large size.

Mumbai

I have been in Mumbai for 45 days but not really done Mumbai so to say, notwithstanding the Boat Show, the Vintage Car rally and Barcelona, which is not really Mumbai.

I plan to do Mumbai over the next few days. This morning I was out on Street Fighter at 05:30 hrs and headed to the Taj Mahal hotel. Got a few shot out there. The Gateway is under repairs.

Next was a by lane at the end of the road. I got the shot of the day here, in low water, of the Mumbai harbor inner bay and beyond to Karanja Island.

Next I skidded to the fish market to witness the auctions at the Sassoon Dock but no luck with pics. Very noisy auctions, but the docks vibrate with energy, the noisy tough Koli women fight hard to buy the fish. Plan to repeat that later.

Photographing inside the docks is forbidden. Maybe a good cell phone can beat the Security.

Let’s see what I get over the next few days. Will definitely skip Malabar Hill, the Queens necklace. Will look for lesser known nooks and corners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.