2008/06/10

DRIVING IN PARADISE WITH BRANGELINA

GPS Magellan RoadMATE 2000 T

24th May, to June 01 was a long wait. I was constantly in touch with Ron (Flickr ID Fuzzy) via fone and emails.
After returning Suzie Q to HD, there was a strange void in my life. Was this really happening? Me, the Harley, Ron and Jenn. Or was it just a dream?

I told Ambarish I needed a GPS a week before Suzie Q was hired. He was smart and ordered a reconditioned Magellan Roadmate 2000T, great price of $ 100/- only, with amazing features of a $ 300/- GPS.

It arrived without a power cord via Buy.com. Ambo ordered a new cord. That too arrived in good time.

My GPS
This GPS was later to be our savior during my ride out with Ron and Jenn.

BRANGELINA


To get a bit more familiar with the GPS I hired a car, an Aveo Chevvy, much the same like on the streets of India, only automatic and plenty of power under the hood.

Brangelina Heads for Duval

For want of a better name I called her Brangelina arbitrarily, and christened her near a Church at Duval.

Duval Church

VIRAL AND RAKESH : LOVE JOSHI CONNECTIONS

That very night, Medini and I had a dinner invitation with Love Joshi’s sister, Viral and her husband Rakesh at Bothell, some considerable distance away from Redmond. Was a evening night drive there and the GPS was spot on. Viral and Rakesh were perfect hosts and we chatted the night away, as if we knew each other for long. Hey Love, thanks for the introduction Man.

Viral and Rakesh

Next two days, I drove Brangelina around everywhere on the hills and mountain roads, to the Snowqualmie water falls to the Rly Museum for route checks and GPS checks.
Water falls at Snowqualmie

Waterfalls


Railway Museum, Snoqualmie


Rly Museum: 100 yrs old Steam Engine.

I had a wild idea of taking my grand daughter Anika with me. But Ambarish and Archana would not allow me to do that, coz Anika is just 11 months old and they don’t trust me to take care of Anika, though I was reasonably confident of handling the baby and the bath tub…what ever that means…

Anika: Moods

Grand Pa Romances Gran Dotty in Paradise

Ambarish talked to Ron a day before they arrived at Seattle. It was decided that we should ride some 140 miles from Redmond to a nice German town Leavenworth through the awesome Stevens Pass. I drove Brangelina for a route check….all ok.

I was ready for Ron and Jenn.


Finally, finally June 1, 2008 dawned, one of the most exciting day of my life….

Suzie Q welcomes Ron and Jennifer Mathewson at 226th Street, Redmond Ridge, our residence.

Suzie Q welcomes Ron and Jennifer

Ron n Jenn Roll in

Ron Mathewson and Jennifer Roll In

3 comments:

Zeenat said...

Wow! You really do your homework before going out on a ride eh? GPS and everything. I would've never thought of it. Great pics of the waterfall by the way. Really lovely :)

Nandu Chitnis said...

Thanks....my take is you did a quick speed read...tis not about GPS!

Love LJ Joshi said...

as always, great writeup and amazing pics...